(Insightful, humorous, decadent, or romantic, the comment that most touches my heart and tickles my fancy, will receive a $10 Starbucks Card. Thank you for participating).
Made visible by her breath, the frost’s cold hung in the air. She didn’t want to be there but she’d promised she would meet him, and at the time she’d wanted to, but now…!
A shuddering ripple cascaded down her spine. The park was desolate and forbidding, but it shared its eerie stillness with its beauty, and sighing heavily, she allowed herself to fall under the spell of the glacial grandeur that surrounded her.
Reflecting the full moon’s silver glaze, the icy shards clinging to the trees twinkled as brightly as the canopy of sparkling stars overhead, The bench where they had first kissed, suggested she should sit, but it didn’t seem right without him, and as much as her feet hurt in the too-small boots, she couldn’t bring herself to accept its silent invitation.
“I’m so glad you came.”
His voice, deep and comforting, sent the much missed, familiar fluttering through her belly, and she turned to see him sauntering towards her, his hands stuffed in his overcoat pockets.
“I said I would,” she replied, immediately wishing she hadn’t sounded so defensive. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to snap.” Dammit, why am I here? I know I’m a physical masochist, but I’m not an emotional one, or am I?
He smiled, and the dimples that once had charmed her, worked their magic again. She wanted to sink against his soft wool jacket, feel his engulfing bear hug, smell the rich aroma of his-
“Let’s sit,” he said, interrupting her thoughts as he moved confidently towards the bench.
“So, what’s up?” she asked, attempting to appear nonchalant as she perched on the edge of the wooden seat. I shouldn’t have come. I’ll sit here with a brave face, pretend I’m fine, then go home and end up crying with my dog.
“Do you remember the promise I made you this time last year?”
The glint in his eye set her butterflies wildly flapping, making it impossible to concentrate.
“I’m sorry, what did you say?” she asked, rising from the depths of his gaze.
“I asked if you remember the promise I made you last New Year’s Eve. You were sick, too sick to go out.”
She swallowed hard and glanced across the icy lawns. Of course she remembered the promise. She remembered it every hour of every day, sometimes as a fuzzy shadow, other times with crushing clarity.
“Yes,” she sighed, “but like you said, that was last year, before we…before you…”
“Before I was an idiot,” he finished.
“I didn’t say that,” she retorted.
“No, but you could have, and you would have been right.”
Her heart did a quickstep, and as she caught her breath she felt her teeth clench. This was not what she’d expected, but then, she wasn’t sure what she’d expected, and she realized she was there because every part of her had ached to share his space, even if only for a few minutes.
“I’ve figured something out,” he continued. “There’s a problem being a Dominant. No, that’s not right. There’s a problem I used to have, being a Dominant, or at least your Dominant.”
“I don’t understand?” she muttered, unable to make her voice work properly.
“I thought I was supposed to be smart all the time, infallible, have all the answers,” he frowned, “but I’m just a human being, with all the flaws and weaknesses of any other human being. I’m sorry, Beth, I let you down. I tried so hard to be perfect, and all I did was make an absolute mess of things.”,
Her hands balled into fists. Was this just an apology, or…?
“If you want me to,” he said slowly, “I’d like to keep that promise.”
Heart thumping, her eyes searched his, seeking the glow of love behind his words.
“I want to spank you right here, now, on our bench, in the freezing cold,” he said softly, locking her gaze, “just as I promised.”
A hot lump began forming in her throat. She wanted it…she wanted him…
“And then what?” she managed.
“And then I’ll take you home, and kiss every single inch of you.”
She brought her gloved hands to her face, covering her eyes.
Take a leap of faith. You miss him like crazy. Be brave, Beth, go on, do it.
Wordlessly, tremulously, haltingly, she crawled across his lap, and sighing deeply, sank into her surrender. As she felt the comfortable familiarity of his lap, she sighed heavily, relinquishing her fears.. She was home.
Easy relationships can sometimes be difficult, difficult relationships can sometimes be easy, and going back, can sometimes mean, going forward.
Follow the links to read the blogs–comment on the blog to prove you were there (or answer the participant’s specific question, if they have one). COPY AND PASTE COMMENTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED! Each comment earns you one entry for the grand prize. You must provide your email address for your entry to count. Individual pages may also have their own form of entry (Rafflecopter, etc) for additional chances to win prizes. Enjoy all the free stories, posts, & fun!
PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER BLOGGERS
7. Casey McKay
9. Renee Rose
10. Lily Harlem
11. Cara Bristol
12. Adaline Raine
14. Celeste Jones
15. Leigh Smith (aka Sunny Girl)
16. Tara Crescent (BDSM Romance)
17. Sue Lyndon
18. Anastasia Vitsky (Governing Ana)
20. Maddie Taylor
21. Liv Honeywell
22. Joelle Casteel- author of bdsm erotica
23. Sadey Quinn
24. Holla Dean spankin’ good romance stories
25. Paige Tyler
26. Thianna D
27. Emily Tilton
28. PK Corey
30. Lucy Felthouse
31. Paloma Beck
32. Kristin Elyon
34. Abigail Armani Erotic Romance Author
35. Johnna Maquire
37. Michelle Graham, Erotic Romance
38. Kates Cravings – Batteries Not Included
42. Elegant Erotica – Maggie Carpenter
44. Jaye Peaches
45. Dinah McLeod
46. Daizie Draper
47. Draven St. James
48. Jolynn Raymond’s Dark Obsessions
49. Shoshanna Evers
50. Acknowledging Imperfection
51. We Love Kink
52. 1950s Wife
53. Shelly Douglas
55. Penelope Hasler
We have some wonderful Grand Prizes & more rolling in every day!
- Kindle or Nook (Blushing Books)
- Your Choice of a Free Book Cover for Your Next Book, an Ad for an Upcoming Project, or a Custom Facebook Header or Blog Graphic (Lazy Day Publishing)
- Three Month Subscription to Discipline & Desire (Discipline & Desire)
- $20 Gift Certificate to Amazon (Stormy Night Publications)
- Hand Crafted Paddle (Blondie’s Place)
- Spanking Video DVDs (Shadowlane)
- A “Get it All” Bundle (Variant Publishing) – Includes How to Get the Spanking You Want – The Complete Guide to Asking for It, Getting It, & Making It Better, How to Give a Spanking – Advice from the Receiving End, What He Wants – A Man’s Seven Secret Spanking Desires, & The Little Book of Spanking Stories
- $25 Gift Certificate to Blushing Books (Patricia Green)
- Learning Domestic Discipline eBook Package (LearningDD)
- $25 Gift Certificate to Blushing Books (Patty Devlin)
- $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon (PK Corey)
- $25 Gift Certificate to Cane-iac (Cane-iac)
- $5 Amazon Gift Card and two books (Leigh Smith)
- Custom Social Media package including twitter & FB cover designs from graphic designer (The Cover Artisan)
- Print Copies of The British Billionaire Bachelor – Acts One & Two (Maggie Carpenter)